Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I didn't play any cash games this weekend. I really haven't play cash games too much since I got back from vacation last week and I am trying to concentrate on mtts/winning my seat to the WSOP. I came very close to a big cash in the FTP $400k yesterday and got deep in a few other tourneys.

Friday Night
I didn't have enough W$ to enter the $1k Pokerstars WSOP satellite, so I played the 9 PM $80 sub-satellite to the Sunday $650 and wound up winning another W$650.

I played a few other small tourneys including the daily double on FTP. I don't remember exactly how I busted out of the 1st of the daily doubles, but once I did I found it extremely hard to focus on the other one. The payouts were very small in each tourney unless you make the Final Table (out of about 1,000 +/- players in each) - the real value is in final tabling both tourneys. FTPDoug has a post on pocketfives asking people's opinions on increasing the buy-ins to the daily doubles or adding new bigger buy-in DDs. I am all for them either increasing the DD to $26 (token) or adding a new DD with a buy-in of $75 (token).

Saturday Night
I played a pokerstars $27+rebuys sub-sat to the $650 again and wound up bubbling 4th out of 27. It awarded 2 seats and $475 cash for 3rd.

I also played the $109 6max mtt on pokerstars and wound up cashing 9th place - just short of the final table - cashed for $354.

Sunday
My wife was at the beach for the weekend with a friend of hers. She made it back home around lunch time. I worked it out with her to play some of the Sunday tourneys.

I played the following:

FTP WSOP 2 seat freeroll (140 +/- players; top 2 get $10k WSOP entry). I went out very early in this one when an extremely freaky hand came up. (I am not complaining about a bad beat here - I got that out of my system last week)

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1162969 - AA vs. KK vs. AA - Button, Small Blind, and Big Blind respectively.

Pokerstars Sunday Million - finished around 1,300 out of 6,700 (1,080 paid) when my AA lost to AK all-in preflop. I shook it off and kept playing my "A" game in the other tourneys.

Pokerstars $650 WSOP Super Sat - I used some of my stash of W$ and played this tourney. I finished 118th out of 635 (paid 35 seats and I think next 10 spots got $650 cash). I had built a decent stack but was unlucky enough to get moved to a table with the chip leader (by about double the guy in 2nd) to my immediate left. Any time I raised preflop, he would raise enough where if I called it pretty much committed me to the pot. I wound up getting all-in against a mid stack with AQs vs. his 99 and was crippled.

FTP $400k guarantee - Finished 108th out of 2,765 for $553. I was cruising along and built a decent stack late, but the blinds started to get huge. I had about $28k left and shoved with a re-steal in late position with AJs and the button (with $78k) shoved over me. The early position raiser laid down his hand. The button had QQ. I flopped a Jack but didn't improve from there. GG me.

I felt like I played pretty good this weekend, but came up just a little short. I am probably only going to play mtts this week and try to play the 100 seat and 150 seat guarantees on FTP and PS, respectively.

It's strange, but I think that I do a lot better in MTTs when I concentrating on only mtts and not playing any cash games.

Good luck at the tables and good luck to everyone in Vegas.

5 responses to "Weekend Recap"

  1. Nice deep run in the tourneys! Especially in the 400k on FTP, that was awesome. I was gonna rail you for a while but then like 4 tables popped up and so I had to go to work myself... Either way, nicely done and good luck!

    Alan aka RecessRampage

  2. If you're looking for the best Bitcoin exchange company, then you should pick YoBit.

    Blogger

  3. Claim free bitcoins over at DailyFreeBits. Up to 1,000 satoshi every 60 minutes.

    Blogger

  4. Ever try to maximize your free bitcoin collections by using a BITCOIN FAUCET ROTATOR?

    Blogger

  5. If you're looking to buy bitcoins online, Paxful is the best source for bitcoins as it allows buying bitcoins by 100's of payment methods, such as MoneyGram, Western Union, PayPal, Credit Card and they even allow exchanging your gift cards for bitcoins.

    Blogger