Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

You hear the term "Young Guns" all the time when watching poker on TV or reading poker magazines. They always seem to be referring to the young very aggressive players.

I understand all of this, but I still have a question.

What age is considered a "Young Gun"? Where is the line drawn?

I am 33 (about to turn 34) and I know that I am well beyond the age group that would fit into the young gun category. I, also, don't think I fit into the "Old School" category. The funny thing is when reading poker forums, you see people in their early 30s referring to people as old as 25 as a young player. The reverse is also true - early 20s referring to early 30s as old. (The 20 year olds will fall into that old category before they know it.)

I was talking to a very good NL cash game player at the tables the other day. I asked him how old he is and he said 18. He then asked me, "Are you one of those old grey haired players?" I told him I am 33. He said, "Yep, you are one of those old grey haired players."

I don't won't to be old before my time. I think we can call the 25 years old and younger players young, but please leave us 30 somethings alone. We are not old yet - maybe at 40 I'll start thinking I'm old.

So what is old? What is young? Do you consider yourself old or young or like me somewhere in between?

----------

In honor of TripJax, I will post on today's post a list of everyone that left comments on the last post. He calls it - Big Ups To These Fine Folks Who Left A Comment In the Last Post:

No comments on last post - pretty pitiful, huh?

cmitch

0 responses to "Young Guns vs. Old School"