Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I am going to start posting weekly updates on the $50k Challenge. Click this link for the details of the Challenge.

I had a very rough April and decided to take things a lot slower duing May. So far, so good.

Some of the things I have been doing differently:

1. Cut down the number of tables playing simultaneously. I usually only play 2 or 3 tables now - rarely 4 tables. I will only play 4 tables if the TV is off and my wife and kids are sleeping.

2. Slow down when tired. I have gone to bed a few times when I wanted to keep playing because I knew that I was too tired and losing focus. I am sure this saved me money.

3. Take it all in stride. I think that dropping down levels has allowed me to shake off the ups and downs of NL cash games a lot easier. I would sometimes get frustrated and let it effect my game after a rough beat. It is easier to get away from that feeling when the $$ are smaller.

4. Switch things up. I have played a few MTTs and some Party Step SNGs when I was starting to get a little bored of the cash games.

$50K Challenge Update

Current Bankroll - $5,855
Profit since last update (1 week) - $1,609

I'll post the full details (BB/100, $/hr, etc.) at the end of the month.

----------------

Party Mini-Steps and WSOP Steps

I played a couple of these steps yesterday for a change of pace and things went well. Below are the available steps that I currently have.

WSOP Steps
Step 1 ($11) - 2 available
Step 2 ($55) - 1 avaiable
Step 4 ($640) - 1 available - I am going to take my time with this one and play it when I am feeling my best

Mini-Steps
Mini-Step 1 ($6) - 2 available (from a long time ago)
Mini-Step 5 ($430) - 1 available (worked my up to this one yesterday - will prob play it tonight or tomorrow night)

Basically, things seem to be back on track with my poker game and I am feeling a lot more confident in my play. I have made some good decisions and big lay downs that have saved me a lot of money.

cmitch

0 responses to "$50K Challenge Weekly Update"