Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

WSOP Steps

I had that feeling again this weekend - trapped in the Steps and can't get out. Here is how my weekend went on the Steps.

1. WSOP Step 4 - Came in 4th (top 2 advance to step 5 - 3&4 both replay Step 4). The blinds were high 4 handed and the big stack (to my left) was pushing, pushing, pushing. I called one of his pushes with AK and was in great shape against his K9 until a 9 flopped.

2. WSOP Step 4 - I got all in preflop with AhKh against AcKc and he made a flush. I forget exactly which place I finished but I was moved back to WSOP Step 3.

3. WSOP Step 3 - I pretty much dominated this SNG. I led from start to finish after doubling up early with a set.

4. WSOP Step 4 - Pending.

I'm not sure when I will play this Step 4 because I am swamped at work. (Maybe one night this week.)

------------
FTP H.O.R.S.E Sunday Night $215

What can I say about this tourney. Hmmm. Well, I didn't finish last. There were two guys that got knocked out before me.

By the way, I suck at Omaha H/L - having the 2nd nut low twice in a row isn't good.

I was already getting low when Razz rolled around and towards the end of the Razz round. I was dealt A23, next card was a 6 and decided I was getting all my money in on this hand. I proceeded to pair my 3 and my Ace and my final card (after all my money was in) was a King. I lost to 10 high. GG me.

Razz is fun.

-----------

$50K Challenge Update

Click here for details of $50K Challenge

Current Bankroll - $7,207
Profit since last update (1 week) - $1,352 (not sure I am counting the value of the WSOP Step "freerolls" correctly. I am going to review my spreasheet later)

End of May target - $12,400 (obv. need to re-evaluate and update targets)

I'll post the full details (BB/100, $/hr, etc.) at the end of the month.

cmitch

0 responses to "WSOP Steps, $50K Challenge, and H.O.R.S.E."