Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

Since my Nano is on it's last legs, I ordered the IPod Touch (16 GB) from the Full Tilt Poker store on December 1st and it looks like it will finally arrive tomorrow. FTP said 6-8 weeks when I shelled out 89,000 points to order it. I decided to email them early last week when I hadn't heard anything and got the following response:

"Hello xxx,

Thank you for your email. Our records indicate that the home docking
station was temporarily on backorder. We have received a new shipment,
however, and your full order will be shipped soon.

We apologize for the delay"

I love FTP but it seems like their store is a little overwhelmed. I have read several threads on 2+2 with people complaining about how long items take to receive. I think the whole thing could probably be resolved by FTP if they kept their customers informed of what was happening during each step of the ordering process. Whenever I see complaints about FTP's store most have them have email replies from FTP stating XYZ was/is "on backorder." I'm not sure if this is their standard reply or they are having more orders come in than they can process in a timely manner.

Hopefully, it is just growing pains from adding a ton of new items to the store over the last 6 months. My next order will probably be the 42" Plasma and I hope it doesn't take 2 months to ship. It will be a while before I order it though since I only have 225k FTP points right now and it is around 300k FTPs.

Unlocking the IPod Touch?
Anyone unlock (jailbreak) the Ipod Touch? Is it worth doing? I have heard the new Ipod Touch OS allows editing. Does it allow 3rd party software to be installed?

2 responses to "IPod Touch from FTP Store"

  1. I'm looking into unlocking my iTouch and will report back.

    Shrike

  2. The new upgrade from the apple store should take care of the "unlocking." But, I don't know which version FTP has but if it's the current version, then it's already unlocked.

    Alan aka RecessRampage