Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I played three PL Omaha Tourneys last night and was out on the first hand in two of them.

$12+$1 Blogger Skill Game (out 1st hand)

Flopped bottom set on very coordinated flush board. I pretty much knew that I needed the board to pair to win. I decided to double up on the first hand or be done. The board didn't pair and the nut flush won. I could have passed on the hand (both preflop and on the flop) and waited for a better spot, but I was impatient last night and wanted to gamble.

$5+$0.50 Cardrunners (out 1st hand)

Flopped an OESD, Flush Draw, and turned 2 pair in the big blind. I was up against a guy that flopped a set and didn't improve.

$24+$2 PLO $4k Guarantee (out 113 out of 187)

I was cruising along pretty good in the top 10-15 for most of the time until I hit a bad run. I ran a top set into a flush draw and the guy's draw got their after all the money went in. A few hands later I flopped top two pair and an OESD from the BB and got all the money in against a guy that couldn't fold AAxx (no draw, no other pair). The river brought another Ace and I was out.

It official - I suck at PLO. I think it is a good release if you just feel like gambling, but probably has a bigger luck factor than just about any other form of poker.

$24+$2 NLHE $28K Guarantee (140 out of 1,357)

I also played the $26 NLHE 10 pm mtt since I was still in the PLO tourney. I'm not sure why I play these $26 large field tourneys. You have to at least make the final table (out of 1,300+) to make it worth the time to play and it becomes a big crapshoot after about 3-4 hours. I sucked out with AK vs KK late to stay in the tourney only to lose a huge pot a few hands later in a 3 way all-in with QQ vs AK and 1010. Flop had both an Ace and King and I was off to bed with my big $39 payout.

I'm hoping to find time to play some cash games tonight and test out Holdem Manager a little more.

2 responses to "It's Official - I suck at PLO"

  1. "I'm not sure why I play these $26 large field tourneys. You have to at least make the final table (out of 1,300+) to make it worth the time to play"

    So if you played it say 10 times and won $6K one time for $26 it still wouldn't be worth it?

    Chad C

  2. Um, yeah. I guess when you put it that way. :)

    It's just a little frustrating, but I guess that is the nature of the game.

    cmitch