Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I've been working my ass off since Christmas. I've worked every day other than the two days that we spent at the beach (New Year's Eve and New Year's Day) which has left very little time for poker. I've only played around 1,200 hands so far this month. I played a few tourneys while watching TV, but nothing major and no big cashes.

Hopefully things will slow down as the week goes on and I can put in some solid cash game session later in the week or over the weekend. I have only cleard 1,200 points of the 16,500 points that I need to clear for my $825 FTP end of the year Iron Man Bonus.

Holdem Manager

I was messing around with Holdem Manager last night while watching OSU get stomped by another SEC team. It is awesome and has so, so, so much more information that Pokertracker and PAHUD. I'm going to try to write a review of it sometime this week.


Blogger Skill Series

I'll probably try to play the Blogger Skill Series tourney and maybe the Cardrunners MTT league tonight even though I am pretty run down.

Tonight's Blogger Skill Series game is Deep Stack PL Omaha Hi with Knockouts ($12+$1).

The Cardrunners MTT League tourney tonight is also PL Omaha Hi ($5+$0.50).

EDIT: I decided to make it a trifecta and registered for the 9:15 PM FTP $26 PL Omaha MTT also.

I am really bad at Omaha, so I'm sure to piss some people off with ridiculous calls and suckouts. Hopefully, someone will go off on me like Devilfish did on Burt Buton (sp?). I'll report back on horribly I played tomorrow.

This should be a good way to blow off some steam after a stretch of non-stop work.

3 responses to "All Work and No Play"

  1. don't ya hate when work gets in the way of your poker

    :P

    terrible game last night btw

    smokkee

  2. Holdem manager... better than PT!? Do you mean in terms of analyzing your play or just for stats on others. Currently, I don't use anything to track other players stats. Which is probably costing me some but for now, I'm just trying to get a feel for the game so... maybe if I am not profitable at the end of the month, I'll blame my lack of use of resources. :)

    I need to see if Holdem manager is compatible with a Mac.

    Alan aka RecessRampage

  3. Really looking forward to your comments on Hold'Em Manager. I'm looking to join the ranks of online players who use a commercial database to research and quantify my play and that of my opponents. So I've got to decide whether to employ PT/PAHUD, HEM, or both.

    Shrike