Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I worked a lot in January and had to deal with a ton of work related stress (not going into the work stress details on the blog). As a result, I didn't get in as many hands as I wanted to. There were times that I didn't play as well as I should. There were quite a few bad beats and coolers, but I also sucked out a few times. I had nights were I felt like rant posting and putting up all the set over set hands, especially when it happened on two tables within five minutes. I didn't post them and won't because I am trying to steer clear of bad beat/coolers posts. No one wants to read them.

I think I can sum up Jan. in three words....

Break even sucks!!!

I had some big swings and never really could get things going. I am trying to do a better job of table selection and I think I did well in that area. It definitely played a part in the swings though because I getting all in a lot more often against some weak players and you can only win so many 65/35 or even 80/20 situations.

Overall Results
Target Hands for year = 275,000
Hands Played in Jan = 14,105 (7k short of avg monthly target)
Target ptbb/100 = 5.0
200nl ptbb/100 = 4.92
400nl ptbb/100 = -4.82 (small sample though - 4k hands)
Overall Win/Loss = $468 (obviously disappointed)

My plan for Feb is to play only 200nl until I get at least 15k hands of 200nl. I'll re-evaluate after that.

200nl - I focused on playing less tables towards the end of the month and it really paid off.

200nl graph (Jan)


400nl - Lots of swings. The big spike down at the end was the two set of sets within a few minutes of each other plus a few other hands.

400nl graph (Jan.)

Overall Graph (Jan.)

2 responses to "January Recap"

  1. i'm sure a baller like you is not pleased when you break even, but two words that could have been worse are "losing sucks!"

    kick ass in february!

    lj

  2. Constant 1/2 and 2/4 will eventually turn your brain to mush.

    Fuel55