Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I think this hand is a good example of maximizing value with AA by flat calling after raising instead of 4 betting preflop. I often get way too caught up in 4 betting preflop with AA in 6 max cash games. If I 4 bet here, he is folding most of the time. By flat calling, I have a better chance of stacking him which significantly out weighs the chance of him of hitting his set.


Free hand converter brought to you by CardRunners

Seat 1: cmitch ($345.30) -
Seat 2: ginTonikk ($264.55) -
Seat 3: TonyRomo88 ($278.95)
Seat 4: LOL_CHECKRAISE ($200)
Seat 5: StlrsFan88 ($350.05)
Seat 6: palerider23 ($330) -


PRE-FLOP:

cmitch posts small blind $1
ginTonikk posts BIG blind $2
Dealt To: cmitch


FOLD TonyRomo88
FOLD LOL_CHECKRAISE
CALL StlrsFan88 ($2)
FOLD palerider23
RAISE cmitch ($8)
RAISE ginTonikk ($28)
FOLD StlrsFan88
CALL cmitch ($20) - Cold Call - A lot of players would assume that I am really strong here because I flat called oop. My hope is that he has a big pair and will be willing to get it all in any time he flops and overpair.


FLOP:

Pot: $58


CHECK cmitch - Sometimes I lead out here, but he had an extremely have cont bet %
BET ginTonikk ($29)
RAISE cmitch ($72)
RAISE ginTonikk ($236.55) - Bingo
CALL cmitch ($164.55)


TURN:

Pot: $531.1




RIVER:

Pot: $531.1




SHOWDOWN:
ginTonikk:

cmitch:


cmitch collected $528.1 from main pot with a full house, Aces full of Nines

SUMMARY:
Total pot: $531 Rake: $3

Final Board:


Seat 1: cmitch small blind showed [As Ac] and won 528.10 with a full house, Aces full of Nines - Net Gain/Loss: ($263.55)
Seat 2: ginTonikk big blind showed [Tc Th] and lost with two pair, Tens and Nines - Net Gain/Loss: ($-264.55)

Seat 3: TonyRomo88 didnt bet folded - Net Gain/Loss: ($0)
Seat 4: LOL_CHECKRAISE didnt bet folded - Net Gain/Loss: ($0)
Seat 5: StlrsFan88 folded before the Flop - Net Gain/Loss: ($-2)
Seat 6: palerider23 button didnt bet folded - Net Gain/Loss: ($0)


Free hand converter brought to you by CardRunners

3 responses to "Maximizing Value with AA"

  1. Fairly no-brainer here. Unless you have shown that you 4 bet light, there's no reason to 4 bet preflop if you are already heads up. Having said that, if the players are paying attention, next time you have aces, you can 4 bet and see what happens. Nicely played though. I love a guy who would overplay an overpair that really can't beat anything at that point.

    Alan aka RecessRampage

  2. Let's see if I have this right..

    cold call re-raise out of position

    check raise 1.5x his c-bet...

    Yep.. TT wins everytime...

    nicely done.. my feeling is that this kind of player would have called your 4 bet.

    WillWonka

  3. Alan - I actually mix this up quite a bit mainly depending on my image abd history with the opponent.

    Will - I felt like he may be less likely to get aipf with a hand like what he had. I had called a 4 bet of his earlier and folded to his cont bet, so I felt like it was a better option to get it in on the flop

    cmitch