Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

My back has had me out of commission for a few days. It is slowly starting to get better, but better is all relative. It starts killing me if I sit in a chair for a long period of time. I have been playing some poker on my laptop while lying on my back on the couch.

Last night, I decided to play the UB $100 buy-in $15K Guarantee tourney. There were around 160 players paying 20 spots. I had a decent stack for most of the tourney. As we got down to around 28-29 players remaining, the following hand came up.

Blinds 400/800 w/ 50 antes
9 handed table
SB - approx. 3,800
me in BB - approx. 8,800
Pot after antes, SB, and BB - 1,650
Cards dealt to me in BB - K7o
Folds around to SB, SB pushes all-in

Do you call or fold here? Pot size now approx. 5,000; you have to call 3,000 more

I'll post what I did and the results on Monday. I am interested in how everyone would have played this hand.

cmitch

2 responses to "How would you play this hand?"

  1. Odds say you should fold and also you are close to the money so that also says fold...

    That being said I am sure you aren't that much of a dog if you do call but I prefer waiting a bit and pushing with almost any two cards if you can be first to the middle because you do have an effective M of 5.

    Guin

  2. Instafold.

    CC