Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I planned on catching up with things by writing a long post this morning. My back had other ideas. I am getting old (34th birthday next weekend) and I guess it is starting to show. I somehow managed to pull a muscle in my back this weekend from picking up and putting down my 8th month old son. The pain is kind of ridiculous. I have a new appreciation for people with nagging back pain. Let's hope I don't become one of those people.

I went to the doctor today and she pretty much told me that I'm screwed. She wrote me a prescription for a muscle relaxer, a few stretching excerses to do, and told me to get a massage once a week. She also told me that it may take as long as 6-8 weeks until I am back up to speed. I hope to prove her wrong.

---------------

$50K Challenge

Since I managed to have an unimaginable week of poker at the end of May, I have completed the $50K Challenge (if you include the $10K WSOP seat).

I plan on thinking up a new challenge after the WSOP. For now, I am going to just set a number of hands played goal for June.

I plan on trying to play 10,000 hands of 5/10NL during the month of June and let the profits take care of themselves.

----------------

Hard Rock Tampa

Loopy and I headed over to the Seminole Hard Rock in Tampa to play the $240 MTT. Neither of us had any luck. Loopy and I were seated at the same table to start the tourney and I asked to be moved since we know each other. They moved me to another table - which was nice. At my first table, I pretty much treaded water. I didn't get any cards and wasn't going to take any chances because people were calling bets all the way with 2nd pair and making ridiculously stupid bluffs. (One guy went all-in to a $600 pot with his remaining $1,900 and didn't show his cards after the other guy called with the nuts.)

I was moved after about an hour to the same table as Loopy. I managed to double my stack until the table broke (after about 30-45 minutes). Loopy and I were again moved to the same table. A lot of the players at the new table had a ton of chips - somehow 6 people had busted from that table in the last 10 minutes.

I put an X on one of the guys with chips at my new table. He had been raising a lot of pots and placing contiuation bets on every flop. I get dealt AQ in the BB and call his early position raise. The flop is XQ5. I check and he makes his standard continuation bet and I re-raise his all-in. He insta-calls with 55. GG me.

Loopy busted out shortly after me.

I played a $200 SNG and busted out shortly after I was dealt THE HAMMER in the BB. There were a couple of limps to me and I checked. The flop came perfect K27. I checked and it checked around. The turn brought a 9. I made a 1/2 pot size bet and was re-raised. I went all-in. I was insta-called by a guy that was slow playing his KK. GG me. HAMMER IS NO GOOD - WTF?!?

--------------------

Paradise $30 Saturday Night Rebuy

I felt like I played well but the blinds just ate me up late. It felt good to make the final table in a field of over 1,000. I am trying to put my finger on what I have been doing different lately in MTTs and have a few ideas. I am working on putting together a post about what I think I am doing differently.

--------------------

I need to update the Bloglines links on the right and was going to do that today. I promise I will get to it soon.

I've got to go take a muscle relaxer, so I'll write more later.

cmitch

2 responses to "Back Breaking, $50K Challenge & Catching up"

  1. my brother did the exact same thing. he couldn't hardly move. ya jus gotta take it ez and you'll be fine. means lotz of online poker WOOHOO.

    smokkee

  2. Congrats on the great accomplishment--well done!

    CC