Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I am honored that yesterday TripJax posted our blog as a "Blogger Spotlight." It helps to know that people are reading the blog and actually think that it might be at least a little interesting. I stumbled across his blog shortly after I started blogging and read it almost every day now. I'm pretty sure just about everyone reading my blog has been to TripJax's Blog before, but if you haven't it is definitely worth reading.

Our blog was also linked in a post by WillWonka yesterday after he beat me in the DADIII Heads Up Tourney on Pokerstars. He is also one of the blogs that I read on a daily basis - go check it out.

Somehow my posts on the JJProdigy/ABlackCar situation made our blog show up on the first page of Google searches for "JJProdigy & ABlackCar" which seemed to create a lot of traffic.

There are several blogs that I read that don't show up on the links on the right. I am going to try to fix that this week. (I'm not the most computer literate.) Drop me a comment if you wish to exchange links. (I already need to add LittleAcornMan and Poker4Peace for sure - along with several others)

Because of the links from TripJax and WillWonka and the additional traffic through the Google searches, I figured there might be a few new readers. I was thinking of doing a post looking back at previous posts when we hit 100 posts (just a few posts ago) and decided now is probably the best time.

The contributors to the blog are cmitch (me - post regulary) and Loopy (he posts about once every month)

$50K CHALLENGE

$50K Challenge Outline - Turn $2,500 into $50,000 in 2006 by playing part time

$50K Challenge - Current Status. I will be updating the Challenge weekly on Mondays and will update it monthly with very detailed stats. Let me know what stats you would like to see.


INTERESTING ARTICLES (I think)

GG Variance - An article that I posted while in the middle of a very good run. It was also published on www.pocketfives.com

Some NLHE Short Handed Observations - An article that I wrote at the beginning of the $50K Challenge. I will probably revisit it in a few months and see if I still feel the same way.

Newborn Babies and Online Poker - It was hard to play many tourneys just after our son was born. This is the reason that I started playing cash games a lot more often.


HEADS UP STEP CHALLENGE

Heads Up Step Challenge - I had the idea of doing a Heads Up Step Challenge based on a progressive Blackjack betting system and the Party Step SNGS. It never really panned out for me, but some people thought it was an interesting idea.

Heads Up Step Challenge Spreadsheet - Win 3 in a row and you will show a profit.

That should do it for today.

Again thanks to TripJax for thinking enough of our blog to put us in the "Blogger Spotlight" and send a few new readers our way.

cmitch

6 responses to "A Look Back"

  1. If you don't use it already, you should use bloglines for your links list. They have a very nice option that allows you to put a "Sub With Bloglines" link in your favorites...if you are on a blog that you like, you just click that link from your favorites and it automatically adds that blog to your links list. Very easy.

    Let me know if you need help with it.

    TripJax

  2. Thanks, I'll definitely try to work on setting up the Bloglines links.

    cmitch

  3. Glad Tripjax put up your blog, I R slow in updating my roll :)

    Unknown

  4. Cool, another good one to add to the list of productivity killers. Just another low limit grinder signing on.

    drewspop

  5. Somehow my posts on the JJProdigy/ABlackCar situation made our blog show up on the first page of Google searches for "JJProdigy & ABlackCar" which seemed to create a lot of traffic.

    I too noticed after posting about the JJProdigy scandal, I have been getting a lot of hits via google and yahoo using the keywords JJProdigy and Josh Field.

    Poker4peace

  6. glad a few folks came your way from my post. it's working!

    : )

    TripJax