Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I keep waiting for everything to come to a crashing halt in the $50K Challenge (click for details), but things have been going better than ever. I never could have imagined that I would be this far ahead of the pace - already at my goal for the end of June. I had my best week so far. Below are my current stats:

Starting Bankroll (1/1/06) - $2,592
NL Short Handed Cash Games (YTD) - Profit of $14,213
SNGs, MTTs, Donations, Misc. (YTD) - Loss of $240 (thanks to 0 for 2 in $200 SNGs and 0 for 2 in $200 tourneys since last update)
Bonus (YTD) - Profit of $293 (plus a lot of Pokerstars FPPs)
Live Games - Loss of $450
Total Profit (YTD) - $13,816

Profit since last update (1 week) - $5,002

Current Bankroll - $16,409

GOALS BY END OF EACH MONTH
Jan - $4,100
Feb - $5,700
Mar - $7,300
Apr - $9,800
May - $12,400
June - $16,200

I will update the progress with detailed stats at the end of the month. Let me know if there are any stats that you would like to see.

------------

JJProdigy Situation Update

For those that aren't up to speed about the JJProdigy/ Party Poker situation scroll down a few posts.

Party Poker made a decision regarding the JJProdigy tourney win on ABlackCar account. They determined that he had played multiple accounts and had violated their policies. As a result they stripped his account of the $140,000 that he won and moved everyone up 1 spot in prize money. Imagine being the guy that finished second and waking up to an email from Party Poker that $70k (I think that was roughly the diff between 1st and 2nd) has been added to your account.

Some people say that the punishment does not fit the crime. I have thought a lot about this and think that the punishment is correct. If JJProdigy had not played two accounts then he would not have won the $140k. Simple as that - cheating allowed him to win the money so it should not be his.

Party took $140k away from the ABlackCar account and $40k away from the JJProdigy account. I think the taking the $140k away was correct and the $40k should have been reviewed more in depth. Sounds like he may have gotten an added penalty ($40k) because he got caught.

Click here for JJProdigy's Apology and email received from Party Poker that he posted on PocketFives.com (At least he finally owned up to what really happened)

----------------

DADIII Heads Up Tourney

I played in the DADIII Heads up Tourney put on by Jordan and TripJax. It was fun but I didn't make it past Round 2.

I was able to beat a tough opponent, Maudie, in Round 1 after a little bit of a struggle.

My second round match was against one of the blogs that I read on a regular basis - WillWonka. I am not sure what to say about this match other than I got worked. He was more aggressive than me and I got behind quick. On the final hand I ran my short stacked 99 into his QQ and I was out.

Nice job of destroying me Will. :)

That will have to do it for today.

cmitch

0 responses to "$50K Challenge Update, JJProdigy & Party Poker, and DADIII"