Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I don't think I could have asked to get off to much of a better start for the 1st month of the $50k Challenge. For those that haven't read the $50k Challenge Outline, I am trying to turn $2,500 into $50,000 by the end of 2006 by playing mostly Short Handed No Limit Cash Games on a part time basis. I am trying to play an average of 20 hrs/week and have set my monthly goals accordingly.

The bankroll goal milestones for the first three months are as follows:
Jan - $4,100
Feb - $5,700
Mar - $7,300

Listed below is my current status:

Starting Bankroll - $2,592
NL Short Handed Cash Games - Profit of $3,960
SNGs and MTTs - Loss of $179
Bonus - Profit of $130
Total Profit (Month to Date/YTD) - $3,910

Current Bankroll - $6,503

I am close to my target for the end of March. My goals may have been a little conservative, but I am not changing them. I will be excited if I reach the $50k before the end of December, but I am not fooling myself into thinking it will happen sooner. The variance of the higher stake games and tougher opponents will probably level things out as I move up. It is nice to know that I have a cushion to work with now. It, also, feels good to know that I should be able to consistently beat the $1/$2 NL cash games for a nice profit.

I played mostly 1/2 short handed NL cash games during the month and experimented with the 2/4 games a little at the end of the month. Below are some of my stats.

NL Cash Games
Hours Played (accounts for multi-tabling) - 73.2 hrs
Win Rate/Hr - $54.10/hr
Table Hours - 133 hrs
Win Rate/ Table Hr - $29.77/table hr

*NOTE: Below stats are from Pokertracker. There is a descrepancy between my PT stats and my actual stats. I think it is because I closed a table when I got stacked at the end of a session before the Hand History was saved.

NL SH CASH GAMES (some stats may look scewed because of a lot of heads up play)
Total Hand Played - 11,764 hands
PokerTracker BB/Table Hr - 7.23
PokerTracker BB/100 - 8.22
PokerTracker BB is calculated at $4 for 1/2 and $8 for 2/4

VP$P - 35.63%
Went to Showdown - 30.25%
Won $ at SD - 54.19%
Agression Factor - 1.23 (thought I was more aggressive)
PF Raise % - 13.86%

I, also, checked the hands that I won the most with and there weren't many surprises. Sometimes the losses with AA seem to sting a lot. When you look at AA in the long run, it does make you money. I think we tend to remember the big losses when dealt AA a lot better than the big wins with AA.

Hands the won the most with (from most won down)

QQ
AKo
AA
KK
77
J10o
J8s
AQs
99
A9o
AKs


I will try to get more into the keys hands over the next week and review my strengths and weaknesses. There are definitely a lot of things that I need to work on.

I am interested to hear any thoughts or comments - anything that looks out of line, any stats that I should be posting, or any thoughts in general.

Good Luck at the tables,

cmitch

3 responses to "$50k Challenge - End of Month 1 Results and Stats"

  1. Very nice month... I agree that you shouldn't get in any hurry.. Stay according to your schedule...

    As far as AF.. take a look at your calls post flop as that will really bring your AF down... although, it is hard to argue with your results.

    WillWonka

  2. Sweet results. What site you playing on, Full Tilt? Bonus rate at $1/hr seems pretty low.

    actyper

  3. The bonus shown is pretty low because the majority of my playing time was on pokerstars. I guess the FPPs on pokerstars could be considered bonus dollars eventually. My current level is Gold, so I am getting FPPs twice as fast.

    I played mostly on Pokerstars, some on FTP and some on UB.

    I should probably work on bonus chasing a little more, but I played where I was most comfortable.

    cmitch