Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

Ultimatebet.com is running a "Super Mega" Satellite to the WSOP on Saturday Night. It is a $1,000+$50 Satellite that awards 1 WSOP package for every 12 entries. As of the time of writing this blog there are 97 people registered for the tourney. UB has been running satellites to the Super Satellite for about a month now and there are several more between now and Saturday Night. They also have another promotion running - If you are one of the first 150 people to win your WSOP seat, you get to play in a VIP package freeroll. The top 3 players win the WSOP VIP Package and 4th-1oth place recieve first class plane tickets to Vegas and the Ultimate Poker Player Pack.

The WSOP VIP package includes:
• First class flight to Las Vegas for the WSOP Main Event
• Deluxe accommodations for the duration of Main Event stay
• $25,000 of buy-in money for use at any other WSOP events of your choice
• Exclusive Ultimate Poker Player Pack including an iPod, Bose headphones & Hellmuth Oakleys
• $5,000 travel allowance for other events

The Sub-Satellites into the $1,050 Super Mega Satellite between now and Sat Night are:

Thursday and Friday - 10:45 PM $50+$5
Saturday - 4:45 PM $100+$9

I will probably try the Friday Night 10:45 PM satellite. Hope to see everyone there.

---------------

My run of good luck ran out last night. I played at a home game last night and busted out of the $150 tourney fairly quickly when my flush ran into a higher flush.

I hung around for a while until the cash game started. A few hours later, I left down $300. I kept getting my chips in with the second best hand. I lost with a flush vs. a full house, AQ vs. A9, set vs. flush, and two pair (middle pair and bottom pair) vs. two pair (top pair and bottom pair).

I don't think I was playing my "A" game. I should have been able to get away from some of those hands. Sometimes it is hard to lay a hand down when playing against someone that will make the same call with the nuts or a draw.

I got too impatient last night because we were probably getting 25-30 hands/hour vs. 80 hands/hr/table or 160 hands/hr while two tabling. It is a lot easier to be patient when you are seeing 5 times as many hands over the same time frame. (after all you will see AA or KK about once every 110 hands)

I guess online is my game right now. I'll have to force myself to be more patient next time I play live.

Good luck at the tables,

cmitch

0 responses to "UB WSOP Satellites look like a great deal"