Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

Thursday Night

I went to the $1k freeroll live tourney and didn't fair too well. Everyone's starting chips were based on how many points that they had. I had only played twice during the point qualifying period, so I started with a short stack. (I think I started with $9k in chips - most started with $15k) I arrived late and had about $8k in chips. I was starting to get really short after a couple of orbits and was dealt JJ in the BB. SB limped and I decided to make a smallish raise to get him to come along. He called. Flop 589. We get all the money in. He has 67o. GG me.

I made it home in time to register for the $150 MTT on pokerstars. I busted before the 2nd level with AKs vs QQ on a Q5A flop and K on the turn.

After that I played 2 tables of 10/20NL and faired much better.

-----------
Friday Night

I was going to go to a 2/5NL cash game, but wasn't up for it. Instead I went to a live $100 tourney that had about 13-14 players. I busted out 11th I think when I played a hand horribly against a guy that wouldn't fold AQ. I did have a lot of fun and drank a few beers (cost/beer probably wound up being around $$16/ea based on my tourney buy-in)

I played some cash games that night when I got home and was up a little when I decided to quit and go to bed. I was having trouble holding my eyes open and was thinking that I might fall asleep while playing. Definitely -EV to fall asleep.

-----------
Saturday Night

We went over to some friend's house and got hom late. When the kids were finally in bed, I fired up the laptop and played the $215 $200k Guarantee on Party. I finished in the 300s after I couldn't put a guy on a big hand and went broke with my middle pair/straight draw.

-----------
Sunday Night - HORSE FT Bubble

I played the $215 HORSE MTT on FTP. I had a lot of ups and downs. The blinds/bets get crazy late in that tourney. I went from 3rd in chips with 9 left to out in two hands.

Hand 1 - Short handed table. We were on Limit HE round with $3k/$6k bets. I was third in chips with $24k (if that gives you an idea of how high the blinds were). I get dealt A10s in BB. Aggressive button raises. I re-raise. He calls. Flop comes 105Q. SB bets. I raise. He calls. Turn is a blank. Check. Check. River is a blank. He checks and there is no way that I am putting him on a Q. I bet. He calls with Q9.

Hand 2 - Next hand. I am now short stack and in the SB. I am dealt A9. MP raises. The pot was too big not to call. BB also calls. Board is 107105A. MP had AK and I'm out on the final table bubble for $500+.

------------
25/50 NL

I have tested the waters of 25/50NL a little over the past week. I actually played around 900 hands at 25/50 and came out ahead a decent amount. I will probably be sticking to 10/20 and 5/10 for a while, so that I don't get any more grey hair than I already have.

I'll try to post some of the interesting 25/50 hands later this week, but had one that I wanted to share for now. It was a hand against Mike Matusow. The hand isn't too interesting but I am guessing that Matusow had AJ or pegged me as putting in a weak cont. bet and was trying to buy the pot.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?397815

cmitch

1 response to "Weekend Recap, HORSE FT Bubble Boy & Some 25/50"

  1. That was an awesome hand.... nice to see how they deal with getting reraised. I think he could have had AQ or A10 with Ah in his hand.

    Nice to see you beating up on guys like that to build your bankroll.

    Guin