Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I have been working my ass off so much lately. There hasn't been much time for poker. I just finished a project that has consumed me over the last 3 weeks and now I can finally start to think about Las Vegas. This is a good thing since I leave in 2 days and have 12,341 things to do before our plane takes off on Monday.

This cartoon (from Thepokerforum.com) really sums up how I feel about work right now.


working on putting cartoon here


-------
My Plans for Las Vegas

Thursday - Party
Friday - O
Saturday - WSOP Main Event
Sunday - rest then Party
Monday - wife heads back to Orlando; rest; Poker all day
Tues - Day 2 of WSOP Main Event
After Tues - POKER, POKER, POKER, some BEER, POKER, a little more BEER, POKER, and maybe a little MORE BEER

-------
Living the Dream

This is my equivalent to playing in the Super Bowl, US Open, NCAA Basketball Tourney. The full weight of the next week(s) is not lost on me. On Day 1, I will probably sit down at my table and bask in all the hoopla surronding the event. The Main Event of the World Series of Poker is here and I am jacked up.

It is especially sweet after last year. Last year a group of us headed to Las Vegas during the first part of the WSOP. I had planned on playing the $2k PL Holdem event. A friend talked me out of it because it was over my bankroll. I have been regretting that ever since. The trip wasn't a complete loss because I did wind up chopping in a $500 MTT at the Bellagio.

I am going to play my game and let the chips fall where they may. Sounds cliche, but that is really about the only plan I have right now. I'll probably wind up jotting a few things down on the plane flight, but nothing concrete. I don't want to have specific rules to follow because every situation is different.

The only rule will be to always ask myself these questions before getting too crazy:

1. Why are you doing what you are doing here?
2. What is the goal of this action?
3. What is the expected outcome?
4. What will other players reactions be to this action?
5. What will Lon say about this donk move my an internet player? (jk)

I'll try to post updates as often as possible and look forward to meeting a few of you. Good luck to all of you that are playing the Main Event!!

I'll leave you with a picture of our group in Las Vegas last year.



Joe, James, Me, Josh, Josh's friend, Loopy, Dave

2 responses to "Umm, Are we in Vegas yet?"

  1. Good luck to you, man! Hopefully it will be me next year.

    Matt Silverthorn

  2. mmmmmmm Deep Fried Twinkies!!!

    Rod