Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

About a month ago I put up a post with the events that I want to play. I have played three or four sats and have qualified for one of the tourneys so far - FTOPS #1. I'm going to try to play a few more sats over the next week and hopefully qualify for some more events.

Below are the events that I hope to play:

FTOPS #1 $216 NL Holdem - Qualified last night in the $55 super sat. I'm exhausted today because my son is sick and was coughing a lot last night. I guess I'll have to get the caffeine ready.

FTOPS #9 $322 NL Holdem (Sunday) - I've tried to qualify for this one twice without any luck.

FTOPS #10 $1,060 NL Holdem 6 Max (Monday) - I may play one or two of the turbo $163 sats. I'm not 100% sure that I want to play this one since I am usually exhausted on Monday nights.

FTOPS #18 $2,620 NL Holdem 2 day event (next Sat-Sun) - I haven't really seen any sats to this one other than the turbo on the start day. Anyone know if they are planning on having any sats to this one? I would like to play, but I'm not sure a $500 turbo sat is the best use of funds.

FTOPS #20 $535 Main Event - Will probably wait until next week to play sats for this one.

If I get the urge, I may play a few other events but it is tough to play any during the week because the finish so late/early depending on how you look at it.

---------
I played the first round match of the HUC6 and pretty much got worked over by ck31. I lost two straight turbos to her mainly due to my over aggressive poor play.

I'll be rooting for her to beat up on Fuel in the next round.

4 responses to "FTOPS Starts Tonight"

  1. Stick to that $50 Super at 2245 EST we were in last night. Hoy and I have won two or three seats a piece so far and that one seems to be the best one IMO. Next week it will be replaced by a $109 to the Main Event. That will be the best/easiest way into the Main Event probably. I don't know how anyone could play 18! I guess that takes some super dedication being two days and all. I would tilt out of that in no time!

    Chad C

  2. cmich,

    Interesting that you characterized your play as over-aggressive, as I thought you were playing relatively tight and patient. It was nice to play you HU.

    GL with the FTOPS sats!

    BWoP

  3. BWoP - I was patient at times but other times I really was pushing hands that I shouldn't have been pushing. There were a couple of hands that I should have let go like the 2 pair vs the straight. There were a couple of times that I re-raised with air and then folded to your shove when I should have just folded.

    I think I let the turbo aspect factor too much into my decision process.

    cmitch

  4. what poker software do you use while playing cash games? whats the best to use? finally, what features should i really be focused on/whats essential for the software to have?

    thedream