Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

The reason that I posted this hand was because I felt like I played it horribly.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I think I agree with WillWonka. "Folding > Pushing/Re-rasiing > Calling."

I managed to do the worst possible thing on the turn - flat calling against an aggressive player knowing that I am going to face a big river bet no matter what card comes out.

I am probably folding this hand in a normal situation. I just flat called because I had position on the river, we had both been playing back at each other, in his eyes I could have any ATC because I am on the button, and I felt like a big part of his range included a ton of draws (flush, straight, pair and flush draw, etc.). I wanted to see what he would do on the river.

The worst possible river card came and he insta-potted it. I definitely had to fold to the river bet even if he was bluffing because the Ace hits so many hands in his range. The nut flush draw is now an overpair, AJ, Ac9c, Ac2c, etc, etc, etc.

I don't know what he had but am confident that I was beat. I guess folding the turn was probably the best option.


FullTiltPoker Game #4010177777: Table Alta (6 max) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:13:49 ET - 2007/10/30
Seat 2: Zsolti ($507.10)
Seat 3: easyway777 ($542.10)
Seat 4: emsheat6 ($0), is sitting out
Seat 5: cmitch ($1,028.90)
Seat 6: bangoo ($876.35)
bangoo posts the small blind of $2
Zsolti posts the big blind of $4
The button is in seat #5
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to cmitch [Qd Qh]
easyway777 folds
cmitch raises to $14
jpriceless sits down
bangoo calls $12
Zsolti folds
*** FLOP *** [Jc 3c 9s]
jpriceless adds $160
bangoo checks
cmitch bets $24
bangoo calls $24
*** TURN *** [Jc 3c 9s] [4h]
bangoo checks
jpriceless stands up
cmitch bets $56
emsheat6 adds $150
bangoo raises to $184
emsheat6 has returned
cmitch calls $128
*** RIVER *** [Jc 3c 9s 4h] [Ad]
mmmm9999111 sits down
bangoo bets $388
mmmm9999111 adds $400
cmitch has 15 seconds left to act
cmitch has requested TIME
cmitch folds
Uncalled bet of $388 returned to bangoo
bangoo mucks
bangoo wins the pot ($446)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $448 | Rake $2
Board: [Jc 3c 9s 4h Ad]
Seat 2: Zsolti (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: easyway777 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: emsheat6 is sitting out
Seat 5: cmitch (button) folded on the River
Seat 6: bangoo (small blind) collected ($446), mucked

1 response to "Tough Turn Decision - Follow Up"

  1. The good news is, my thought process was just like yours. Bad news is, you lost that pot.

    Personally, I disagree with Wilwonka. Folding is definitely passable. But pushing is not better than calling in that situation. This isn't a tournament. Save the pushfest for that. Here, you had position, I think flat calling was fine. A was a shitty card for sure and he could have had AJ. But if it was another low card, who knows what coulda happened? If you think he would bet big regardless of the card, I would still think I would have to call only because of the history between you two.

    Even after the result, I woulda still called the turn. If you're folding QQ on a J high flop and turn at a 6 max table against a fairly aggressive guy, you're gonna get run over way to easily, IMO.

    Alan aka RecessRampage