Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I had completely horrible luck in tourneys yesterday - it reminded me of why I prefer cash games.

I lost KK vs AJ all-in preflop when very deep stacked to bust out of turbo satellite.
I lost 1/3 of my stack in the P5s FTOPS Main Event satellite when I made a blind vs. blind call with A7 against a short stacked 107 - flop cam 689. I followed this up by a horrible shove on my part with JJ against an early position min-raiser that had KK.
I got knocked out of the Mookie early with a set of 9s vs a set of Queens.

Enough whining, on to a few cash game hands.

Presto

Fuel55 preaches that you should never fold presto. I should have listened to him I guess.

Background: Guy to my left is 24/17/13 (VP$IP/PFR&/TAF) and had been squeezing too much for his own good. The guy to my right probably had a decent hand. He was 16/11/2.3 over 800 hands. I decide to call a standard button preflop raise ($14) from the SB. BB pops it up to $69 ($55 more coincidentally enough). The button calls and I have to fold in that position because I am obviously drawing to two outs against the button and this may be the time the BB had a big hand. The turn would have brought gin for me. I'll listen to Fuel55 about "Presto is Gold" from now on and ignore everything - shove with P5s pre. (j/k Fuel)

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1104742


How to play Kings

I was dealt KK several times yesterday and played it a little different depending on my opponent.

KK Hand 1 - Running KK into AA in a 6 max is sometimes hard to avoid. Most of the time I will 4 bet preflop if I am 3 bet with Kings. Sometimes, I'll mix things up a little (so that it is tougher for my opponents to put me on a hand range) and just flat call the 3 bet if OOP with the intention of either betting a non-ace flop big or check-raising all-in. My thinking being that if I am going to go broke preflop with KK vs. AA, I might as well milk as much money as I can out of AK, QQ, JJ, or some other random hand by an aggressive opponent. It worked perfect on this hand, because there is a 50/50 chance that this opponent would have probably folded his QQ preflop to a big 4 bet. The result was unlucky (chopped str8 on board), but I think the hand shows that you need to mix things up a little occassionly.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1104755

KK Hand 2 - Cooler hand for opponent - now way he is folding there. Set vs. Set.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1104748


KK Hand 3 - I guess this guy thought I was on a flush draw that missed. I made calculated crying call on the river - guessing he was on a missed flush draw. I made the call because I was getting 2.4 to 1 on the bet and I was figuring there was about 50/50 I was good because this player was making that same bet with a missed draw.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1104750

2 responses to "Presto and Kings in Cash Games"

  1. $55 to set mine against two opponents might be worth it once in a while but you woulda folded on the flop anyway. Rarely is it correct to fold presto but this may have been one of those times ...

    Fuel55

  2. TeethNightGuard is offering personalized fitting and high quality customized dental protectors.

    Blogger