Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

Guess Who's Back
Back Again
Pokershare's Back
Back Again
Run Away
Don't Tell a Friend
You created a monster
And He's back again

OK - I'm not quite Eminem, even though someome once tried to give me that nickname long before anyone ever heard of Eminem. (since everyone calls me Mitch and my last name is Mitchell)

Pokershare is coming back. Lock the doors. Hide the children. Hit the liquor cabinet. Put down the pipe. Actually, make that pick up the pipe. You'll need to smoke a lot to put your faith back in Pokershare again. For those of you that don't remember the debacle that was the UltimateBet.com/ Pokershare feud you can read all about it along with my feelings on the issue by clicking here.

So here is the deal, taken directly from their website. They are coming back as a skin to a different pokerroom. The concept has always been interesting and the fact that it looks like they will give you a no strings cash balance to try them again may get me to see what it is all about. From there I will have to see.

Statement on www.pokershare.com

I’m pleased to tell you that Playit Ownit Limited, the company behind PokerShare.com has announced that it has amicably settled the dispute with Excapsa Software and Game Theory Limited. This means PokerShare.com will be back, bigger and better!

I’d personally like to apologize on behalf of PokerShare.com for the lack of communication over the last few weeks and months, I can assure you that this was at our lawyers’ request, not because we’d forgotten about you!

PokerShare.com will be back in March 2006, I can assure you that we haven’t been sitting back with our feet up, we’ve been looking for ways to improve our software and we’ve found it! We have a great new partner, mouthwatering promotions and a WSOP schedule that you simply can’t afford to miss!

If you’re an existing real money player, you’ll have all of your existing Share Points and a cash balance waiting for you when you come home! For those of you that are new, I’m sure you’ll shortly find out that there’s no better place to play poker online.

We’ll be sending you further details over the coming weeks so that you know exactly what we’re up to!

Finally, I’d like to thank everyone for their messages of support, they mean a great deal to the team at PokerShare.com and we’ve tried to listen to every request. I look forward to seeing you all on the tables and hope that you’ll check back soon to play on the most generous poker website.

Kind regards
Max Wright
Poker Room Manager

It will be interesting to see how it is all set up. Max Wright seems like a very upstanding guy that got shafted by UltimateBet.com. To his credit he didn't pack up things and start over, he managed to possibly get things going again.

However this turns out, you have to have a lot of respect for him. He could have quit the tough gig and went on to something easier.

------------------

It looks like there are about 483 different poker site running sats to the WSOP this year. I think that is how many online poker sites there are now. That number may be a little light after hearing Anna Benson, a pro baseball player's wife who is appearing in Playboy, pimping her new online poker site (skin) on the Howard Stern show this week. How long before we can all log on to Looney Tunes Poker.com? (Of course, it would be a skin of pokerroom. Those cartoon characters suck, so maybe a skin of Full Tilt)

I ran across an awesome article analyzing the advantages and disadvantages of each site's WSOP sats. Looks like everyone is starting to compete. Check out this link for all his analysis.

---------------

I have been busy busy at work and everyone has been sick at home, so I haven't focused much on poker. I was in all day meetings the last two days and thought about poker about 50% of the time - kind of low % so I must be sick.

I haven't had much of a chance to read all the blogs this week and it sucks. I will try to catch up on all the great stuff out there this weekend.

I need to update the links on this blog desperately and am setting up bloglines as we speak, so the links should be up soon.

--------------

I am a little burned out right now from work, sicknesses at the house, and grinding. We aslo rented a condo at the beach for a week starting 3/11. This all adds up to a little less poker this month. I'm well ahead on the pace in the $50k Challenge, so the lessened playing time won't effect things one bit.

cmitch

0 responses to "WSOP sats/ Guess who's back?/ Random Ramblings"