Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

We are heading to the beach next week for a well deserved vacation. It couldn't have come at a better time. I have been working like crazy lately and all of us are finally getting over our colds/flus/ear infections/etc.

The strange thing about a vacation is that you always seem to work the hours that you take off before and after your vacation. I am going to be busting my ass this week to get some things out the door before the vacation and again the week after we get back. I will probably wind up working more extra hours than the 40 hours that I am taking off.

I will definitely forget all about work while I'm out the beach though, so I guess that is what it's all about.

I'll try to post regularly but it may be a little tough this week due to the extra workload.

-----------

SUCKOUT CITY

I was grinding along pretty well last week and was up over $1,600 when I ran into the biggest run of suckouts that I have seen in a while. I looked back through the hand histories and it was all just bad luck. I got all-in 5 times with the best hand only to lose to anything from 2/3 outers to flush draws. This was all in the course of 2 nights. At the 3/6 NL tables this added up to a suckout downswing of $3,000 (not my net for the week because I was up before the suckout run and won a few a couple of big pots after the suckout streak)

I am very aggressive at the short handed NL tables so I guess that accounts for the big upswings and downswings. A lot of times the other players don't believe that I have a hand and I usually get paid off. I've got to take the good with the bad.

Example 1 - 3/6 NL stack around $750 - Dealt QQ. Raise. Hyper Agressive player calls. Flop comes 722 and we get all in after Hyper Aggressive bets into me on the flop. He has been checking his big hands and betting pretty much all others. I am in great shape, he has K7o. The turn is a King and I lose $750.

Example 2 - All in preflop with AA vs QQ - Q hits the board.

Example 3 - On Saturday night a (I'm guessing drunk) Maniac came to the table with $300 and doubled up when he sucked out on anohter guy at the table when he hit his Ace high flush. My first hand vs. the maniac I flop top two pair and there is a flush draw on board. We get all in and he catches his flush.

Example 4 - Same drunk maniac (DM) a few hands later. I get JJ and bet big preflop. DM calls. J high flop we get all in and he makes a straight on the river. DM then immediately leaves the table. I did a search for the guy and he was playing 2 $225 turbo SNGs and finished in 8th and 9th respectively.

Blah, Blah, Bad Beat, Blah, Blah, Blah

OK. No more sobbing suckout bad beat stories today. I promise.

My good week turned into a bad week after my rotten weekend. I haven't input all the pokertracker stuff in my spreadsheets yet, but my standings in the $50k Challenge (taken from my balances) is shown below.

Current Standing in $50K Challenge - $14,238
Loss since last update - $926

Good luck at the tables,

cmitch

1 response to "Is it really time off from work? Sorta"

  1. enjoy the vacation...you'll pay for it when you get back...i always do...

    TripJax