Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com


Loopy's bi-millennial post!

Yes, I've decided to chime in with some hopefully witty and valuable insight on the world of poker.

First things first... I love Poker Tracker. Cmitch has been using it for a while now and I finally bit the bullet and purchased it at the beginning of the year. It's a MUST HAVE tool for online poker as it keeps track of every imaginable stat and helps you to understand your game in much more detail. Wanna know how often your ACES get cracked? No problem, just look it up. (I win with AA 90.7% of the time to this point). Need to plug that leak of pushing too hard in the SB? PT is a great reality check that gives detailed results for making the necessary adjustments.

That being said, there is nothing worse than checking your stats and seeing a long list of RED numbers! In the last 30 tournament entries (including MTT's, S&G's and sats) I have cashed a whopping 5 times :( It's gotten to the point that I am expecting to get drawn out on and that is NOT GOOD. How does one get out of a funk when it keeps happening over and over? QQ runs into KK or AA (7 out of 10 times holding QQ in the last 27 online sessions), AQ flops top two and runs into a set, middle set runs into top set, and so on. These situations I can actually live with a little more as I'm a dog post flop, but the seemingly endless 2-5 outers on the turn and river are getting tough to swallow.

I know I know... Bad beats happen. Every poker player knows this and expects them from time to time as it's part of the game. But variance is raining down on me like I lost a bet and had to get in the ring with Tyson circa 1987.. wait, was he in jail in '87? Anyway, you get the picture. Anyone have suggestions for knocking out Tyson, or better yet getting back on track after a rough few weeks?

F-Variance... and Mike Tyson!!!

0 responses to "And now it's time for..."