Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

Wow!! Is it really Thursday already? I've kind of lost track of time this week. Working until 3 AM a couple of nights this week will mess with your mind more than just losing track of what day it is.

Enough about work, on to the follow up of the hand that I posted on, ummm, Sunday, I guess.

Here is the hand again:

I have no history with the player. I have only been at the table for about 10 hands.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter


Hero (SB): $226.10
BB: $530.20
UTG: $38
MP: $622.40
CO: $218.80
BTN: $210.10

Pre-Flop: A Q dealt to Hero (SB)

4 folds
Hero raises to $6
BB raises to $18
Hero calls $12 - 1. Anyone play this different? Flat Call? Re-raise? Fold?

Flop: ($36) Q T 4 (2 Players)

Hero checks
BB bets $20
Hero ???? -

2. What do you do here?

3. If you raise and he shoves what do you do? (edited)

4. If you flat call, do you lead a non-club, non-King turn? What if you do and he shoves?

5. If you flat call, do you check-raise a non-scare card turn?


I'm not sure which play has the best risk/reward associated with it against an unknown. Basically, are you ever getting away from this hand? If no, what is the best way to maximize your profits? If yes, when and why?


I got some great comments and some correction of my wording since I didn't proof read before posting.

Anonymous - corrected my wording and then decided to check-raise to not sure how much and fold to a jam.

Smokkee - Call the flop and c/r the turn if none of the draws hit.

Pokerpeaker - Fold or maybe raise and fold to a shove.

aposec72 - Call, then push if the turn isn't too scary.

LJ - maybe re-raise preflop

Fuel - "Don't do what LJ says"; Check/call flop for pot control

loretta8 - C/R small on flop and call a shove.; "Anon poster that says c/r and fold to jam hates money and likes to light it on fire."

Lucko - willing to play for stacks here almost 100% of the time. "
With the Qc in your hand, I don't mind calling and checking any turn to him. If I didn't have a club, I would be checkraising to about $70 and calling a shove or shoving any non-Ace turn." plus Anon commenter is a douche.

RaisingCayne - great long reponse go read the comments on the last post for all his thoughts. Probably getting the money all-in.


What I did:

LJ - I would need some solid history with a lot of all-in situations vs. my opponent to get into a BvB battle where I am committing 100BBs preflop with AQo. Making a 4 bet would almost get me committed against an unknown.

Hero checks
BB bets $20
Hero calls $20

Turn: 6h

Hero checks
BB bets $42
Hero raises to $188.10, and is all in - could have made this less, but I am committing myself and if he is calling a raise to $100-$120, then he is probably even more likely to call the shove since it has the feel of a drawish type bet.
BB calls

Hero shows [Ad Qc]
BB shows [Kd Kc]

*** RIVER *** [Qh Tc 4c 6h] [5h]

BB wins the pot ($449.20) with a pair of Kings
Hero adds $200 - :(

Since this was blind vs. blind in a 6 max game, I pretty much decided on the flop that I was going to get it all-in on a non-King, non-club turn. It seems like most people that commented had similar thoughts. If it wasn't bvb, I would don't think I would be playing for stacks oop with TPTK, but the BB is showing up with a lot worse hands and air so often that I really don't think I would get away from the hand on that board.

I don't think I could get away from the hand and c/c the turn and river would be way too weak, so I'm not sure if I could have lost less.

Any additional thoughts on playing this differently? Also, let me know if I messed any grammmer or wordingg up?

6 responses to "Blind vs. Blind - Follow Up"

  1. OK. I agree, folding is pretty weak in a six-max, B vs. B game. I usually play full ring and did not take the 6-max into account.

    Having said that, I do think you could have saved yourself some money here with my second suggestion, which was to raise and then fold to a shove. He's basically screaming he has TPTK beat in my mind with a shove after a raise. In fact I'd put him on KK or AA in that situation. The three-betting preflop would have told me that too, but again I play full rings at a lower level.

    Unknown

  2. Well played, just unlucky.

    "Getting away from the hand" here would be a leak and not somthing you should be trying to do imo.

    lucko

  3. In a blind v blind, I agree with lucko's statement. I hate the checkraise and fold to an all in suggestion. You're turning top pair into a bluff. Personally, I hate checkraising period unless it's to get the draws out. Here, there's nothing you can do. The moment you flopped the Q, you were doomed.

    Alan aka RecessRampage

  4. BvB cooler not many players are folding after that turn card.

    smokkee

  5. Fairly standard stack off. When he bet $42 on turn you can't really fold and calling will lead to a $140 river bet anyway ...

    Fuel55

  6. Love the blog....

    I get it in with AQ against a lot of villains with much worse. Definitely a cooler.

    My apologies about the grammatical analness (not a word).

    Best of luck.

    Anonymous