Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I've been so busy that I just finally got around to listening to the 3/31 podcast of Cash Plays with Bart Hanson. It has become my favorite podcast, especially after the 3/31 episode. You can't beat 1 1/2 hours of Bart Hanson picking the brain of one of the best long term online cash game winners, Samoleus. Samoleus rambles a lot and goes off on a lot of tangents, but there some good stuff in the interview. He doesn't pull any punches, including his dislike for the "cardrunners" style.

If you play cash games (live or online), you should definitely listen to the interview.

6 responses to "Samoleus has some pretty good cash game thoughts"

  1. It's on the Ipod, haven't listened to it yet.

    Hey.. speaking of Cardrunners. What is your opinion of the comparison between CR and Stoxpoker. I'll even narrow it down to NL Ring games.

    At first I was a little suspect of the Stox NL videos. I have listened to few more that have been good lately.

    Also, I realize we are on definitely levels in what we are looking for in NL as I am now just getting back to NL.

    WillWonka

  2. very good podcast. i think that may be the 1st time i've come across the term "reverse block bet".

    you're right tho, he gets off topic and goes off on a lot of tangents. probably just his enthusiasm for the game.

    smokkee

  3. A lot of gold nuggets in there that are worth digging out.

    Unfortunately, many of them are inapplicable to the standard 100BB games. :(

    Shrike

  4. Will - I haven't watched a ton of them, but I definitely liked the ones that I watched. I've only watched one of the classroom vids and it seemed a little slow - may have been the topic or the guy that was doing the vid not sure.

    I still think CR has a more to offer for NL cash games, but I also like Stoxpoker. I like seeing vids from as many different perspectives/styles as I can, so the more the merrier. I still plan to eventually do an in depth review of the site. Thanks for turning me on to them initially.

    cmitch

  5. I've probably played 20K hands with punketty - mostly in Stars 10/20NL games. He is a great player and always seems to be up. I agree with his style and his thoughts. Great link! I particularly like his assessment of deep deep cash games.

    Fuel55

  6. Thanks for the recommendation. I had yet to give CG a chance -- great show & terrific discussion w/Samoleus.

    Short-Stacked Shamus