Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I've been incredibly busy the last two weeks and that unfortunately has left very little time for poker or posting on the blog. I'm going to try to catch up and get back in the swing of things with some regular posts next week.

WSOP Steps

I did manage to squeeze in a Step 5 match one night this week and wound up finishing in the top 2 to advance to Step 6. I only have one other step ticket left (Step 2) and I'm not sure if I am going to try to work that one up to Step 6 before playing a Step 6 sng or not. Most likely, I'll play the Step 2 ticket and keep my eye on the Step 6s. If I see a relatively soft Step 6, I'll probably jump into it.



Riverchasers - Better Late than Never?

Last night I was ready to unwind and play a little poker after being in long stressful meetings all day, every day. We put the kids to bed, I went to blockbuster and rented a few movies. My plan was to watch a movie, have a couple of beers and play Riverchasers - pretty low key, low stress.

My plans changed pretty quickly. About 8:30, my 2 year old son started crying. This usually means that he just hasn't fallen asleep yet and wants a drink. I went in his room, got him a drink, and left hoping that he would calm down. He continued to cry and then seemed to calm down a little.

About five minutes after starting to watch a movie, he started to cry again. My wife finally went into his room about 8:55 PM. He started spewing chunks all over th place. It was everywhere - his crib, his hair, his clothes, the floor, my wife. I took him to the bathroom to clean him up and give him a bath while my wife cleaned up his bed and then herself. We got him cleaned up and put on a short show to help him calm down a little.

He was ready to head back to bed around 9:30. My wife picked him up and started walking to his room. About halfway there he started spewing chunks all over the place again - the floor, himself, and my wife. This time my wife got in the tub with him. I tried to finish cleaning up all the throw and realized we were out of paper towels (and laundry detergent).

To make a long story short, I finally logged in to play the Riverchasers mtt around 10:20 (1:20 after it started) after cleaning up throw up twice, giving our son two baths, and a trip to CVS for paper towels, Gatorade, and laundry detergent.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get some poker playing in this weekend. We'll see if life cooperates.....

3 responses to "Steps and Spewing Kids"

  1. I forgot about the whole "throwing up thing" with kids. We've only had one incident so far, but my sons are both still quite young.

    Looks like I have some good times to look forward to...

    Klopzi

  2. Good luck in the step 6!

    lucko

  3. That reminds me i have to play my step 5

    Fuel55