Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

Wow, thanks for all the great comments yesterday.

Let me clear few things up real quick first. I probably should have been a little more specific about how the villain plays. Yes, this wasn't really him floating, but I think the fact that he does float a lot should definitely factor into the hand. From what I had seen of the villain's play, he seemed to re-raise a lot of cont. bets on the flop and 2nd barrels on turn and bet 100% of the time it was checked to him on the turn. He was mixing it up, but the important thing is that he rarely folded to c-bets and usually was re-raising a lot, but usually waited until the turn. Another important thing that I forgot to mention (and a few people asked) was how he plays his draws. He definitely would go out of his way to get all-in on the flop with flush draws.

Here is the hand again:

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL , 6 Max

BTN: $883.80
SB: $469.30 - posts $2
BB: $282.20 - posts $4
Hero (UTG): $667.20
Villain: $1,554.30 - Had been floating a lot. I also had a note that said, "Floats a ton in pos"
CO: $510

Pre-Flop:
Hero (UTG) - QsQd
Hero raises to $14
Villain calls $14
all folds

Flop: Pot ($34) - 5d 8h 3h

Hero bets $24

Villain raises to $80

cmitch ???

So what did I do?

cmitch calls $56
*** TURN *** [5d 8h 3h] [Th] - Pot ($191)

cmitch checks
Villain bets $133 - smelled very fishy
cmitch has 15 seconds left to act
cmitch has requested TIME
cmitch folds


I opted for just calling the flop with the intention of c/r all-in on any non heart or Ace even if it was a 4 or 9 . I felt like the play was kind of weak after the hand, but the more I think about it I don't mind the flat call. The interesting thing is that the opinions ran the spectrum. I am starting to hate QQ more and more. :)

Below is similar hand against a very loose preflop caller in a SB vs. BB situation. I played it completely different based on my history with the opponent and since only 100 BB deep. I guess it goes to show that so much of how you play a hand depends on the opponent.

Full Tilt Poker No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

BTN: $1927.40
SB: $732.30
Hero (BB): $404.00
UTG: $400.00
CO: $386.00

Pre Flop: Hero is BB with QcQh
2 folds
BTN raises to $14,
SB calls $12
Hero raises to $52
, - Looks like an obvious squeeze attempt
1 fold

SB calls $38 - Great call?!? Seriously though if he thinks that I am squeezing with air why doesn't he just throw in a 4 bet?

Flop: ($118.00) 5s 9s 9c (2 players)
SB checks
Hero bets $90 - Going to commit myself right here; if he hit then oh well
SB raises to $680.30 all in
Hero calls $262 all in

Turn: ($822.00) 2h

River: ($822.00) 6d

SB shows [As 3s] - NO SPADE or ACE!!!
cmitch shows [Qc Qh]

*** TURN *** [5s 9s 9c] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [5s 9s 9c 2h] [6d]

cmitch wins the pot ($819) with two pair, Queens and Nines

4 responses to "QQ Follow up"

  1. I guess we think alike. Pretty much exactly the line I said I would take on the first QQ hand. The third heart made it easier to fold.

    The 2nd hand, no brainer.

    Alan aka RecessRampage

  2. Other than you have QQ, how are those two hands similiar?

    QQ rawks, learn to love it.

    lucko

  3. ok not so similar other than 2 spades on the flop.

    Maybe I just wanted to show that QQ does sometimes win - although rare :)

    cmitch

  4. Hand #1 played itself out much as I would have expected. I approve.

    Hand #2 is just a no-brainer. Sometimes those 12-outers don't outdraw you and you scoop up a lot of easy money.

    Shrike