Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

Uggh!! There are only 55 chances to win your way into the BBT3 TOC freeroll for 2 WSOP main event packages. I'm sure I won't be able to play them all, so I have mixed emotions about coming in 2nd place to Scott Fischman. The 2nd place payout of $1,200 is nice for a $75 buy-in tourney. It is also good to jump out to a huge head start in my $250 bet with Fuel for most money won in the BBT3, but I really want to get into the TOC and felt like I had a great shot last night.


At the beginning of the final table the chip stacks were as follows: (I commented early on that I got a great seat draw - having both Hoy and Fischman to my right)

Seat 1: HAGBARD_III (61,313)
Seat 2: lifesagrind (20,879)
Seat 3: hoyazo (88,640)
Seat 4: Scott Fischman (135,635)
Seat 5: cmitch (47,149)
Seat 6: Julius_Goat (34,572)
Seat 7: katitude (28,540)
Seat 8: Schaubs (94,302)
Seat 9: noair (13,970)

Scott Fischman had Hoy and I massively out chipped once we were 3 handed:

Seat 3: hoyazo (85,140)
Seat 4: Scott Fischman (341,069)
Seat 5: cmitch (98,791)

Things were going along smoothly until I misplayed a hand against Fischman when we were (Hoy, Fischman and I) were 3 handed. (see hand #6 below). I wound up hu with Fischman after SF's A10 beat Hoy's A9 - not much he could do there.

Some key hands

Hand #1 - I couldn't bring myself to laying this one down. I had mentioned that I laid down a big hand earlier and the shove screamed two big cards or 22-JJ.

Hand #2 - It is easier to re-steal when you have a big stack. I don't remember if we were ITM yet. My raise basically makes it look like I am willing to get all in for stacks here.

Hand #3 - Our table was playing pretty tight (unlike the Hoy/Fischman table where it seemed like there was an all-in every other hand) so I felt like a raise in this spot with JJ is either getting shoved on or they are folding. In some spots I might flat call pf but this seemed like the best way to play it.

Hand #4 - I think this was the first hand I played at the final table. I didn't raise pf because Fishcman had shown that he was willing to shove to pf raises. I didn't want to raise pf and have to decide on calling a shove. Call me crazy, but I like to play poker post flop, especially when I have position, with a fairly well disguised hand, on an aggressive player. I felt like SF was on a flush draw or a straight draw and thought the smallish turn bet (as opposed to shoving) might induce a shove. If I shoved, I'm pretty sure that he would have folded a draw. Fuel made a comment about SF's blocking bet on the river. I don't really like the bet. I was an unknown player to him - we hadn't been at the same table before the FT. I am not folding anything to a 2,400 bet into a 50k pot. IMO, it is just giving me a few extra chips. I could see it being a better play if he had even a tiny piece of the board, but he can't beat anything in my range. I think that betting 2,400 in that spot is pretty much the same as check folding. No reason for me to raise because only a better hand would call.

Hand #5 - I felt like this was a +EV call. I would be interested to hear other people's opinions. He had just shoved the previous hand and everyone folded.

Hand #6 - Three handed. This felt so much like a busted draw or a stone cold bluff. I was very wrong.

Hand #7 - Final hand. His bets felt a little "Fischy." I should have gone with my gut and folded on the turn.

I had a great time last night. Hopefully, I'll find my way to a BBT3 win in the near future.

9 responses to "Blogger Big Game - 2nd Place"

  1. Well done sir. At least you can say there were no split allegiance on the rail when it got head's up. Everyone was pulling for you.

    Get it next time.

    AlCantHang

  2. Great job Cmitch. You played great especially at the final table.

    CEMfromMD

  3. Nice Job!!

    WillWonka

  4. GG...I wish someone that wanted or cared about the TOC would have won. I vote you get his TOC space.

    D

  5. Fischman was about as lucky a donkey as can be found. Those were some brutal beats he was laying. At any rate, congrats on the great start.

    Fred aka TwoBlackAces

  6. well played Mitch! Scott had such a huge chip advantage on everyone, no one really had a chance unless they went on a sick heater. it looked alot like the 1st Big Game when Lucko was schooling the table.

    smokkee

  7. Uggh is right! I am doomed!!!!!

    Fuel55

  8. Nice run last night. Sucks to get so close but at least you got a nice consolation prize.

    Anonymous

  9. I didn't play that many hands with you last night, but was wondering if you could let me know if I made a good or bad laydown against you. My player name is tilt away and with about 27 players last night I was on your left. Hand number was #5479588716. I was on button and you were cutoff. You raised 2.6 times the bb to $2,600, and I popped it to $7,000. You went all in (I had you covered). I let the system fold for me, because I just didn't want to fold myself. I had QQ. Thanks, Greg

    tilt away