Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

November Goals

I didn't get a ton of cash game hands in during October and plan on trying to change that during November. I am not setting a monetary goal for November just cash game hands played and PTBB/100 target and a PCA goal

November Goals:
20k hands of short handed NL cash games of 2/4, 3/6, and 5/10 (25k hands would be preferable)
SHNL cash game Target PTBB/100 = at least 5.0
Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure - play at least 2 $650 Super Sats by qualifying through the $80 sub-sats. (Win a trip to the PCA would be the ultimate goal here obviously)

-----------------
Full Tilt Poker Ironman Challenge

I qualified for the $30k Ironman freeroll by playing 99% of my poker on FTP during the month of October (it also helped that October had 31 days). Unfortunately, the freeroll is the same day at the Florida/South Carolina game. I am going to the game, so no freeroll for me. I guess I need to email FTP and have them unregister me from the freeroll so that it won't count against my rakeback.

------------------
Pot Odds/ What was he thinking?

The hand below shows why you don't make huge overbets in a NL cash game.

I was in the BB and had to call $23 into a $142 pot knowing that I was last to act preflop - no brainer call in my mind, even with 62s. I flopped two pair and planned on check raising. It checked to the button. He immediately went all-in for $634 into a $165 pot - um what? The overbet makes absolutely no sense to me. He obviously doesn't have a set because the flop didn't have many draws and he wouldn't want to chase everyone away. He might have a big pair, but, still, no reason to bet so big. Anyway, I thought this hand was the perfect example of why a huge overbet with only an overpair is a -EV play in a cash game.

FullTiltPoker Game #1171427688: Table Bell (6 max) - $5/$10 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:49:12 ET - 2006/10/30
Seat 1: Crazie 1 ($667)
Seat 2: cptaincrunch ($975)
Seat 3: cmitch ($1,422)
Seat 4: Sleepy_Hippo ($2,459)
Seat 5: Hava Nagila ($985)
Seat 6: Tiltovic ($891)
cptaincrunch posts the small blind of $5
cmitch posts the big blind of $10
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to cmitch [2c 6c]
Sleepy_Hippo raises to $33
Hava Nagila folds
Tiltovic calls $33
Crazie 1 calls $33
cptaincrunch calls $28
cmitch calls $23
*** FLOP *** [2d 6s 3c]
cptaincrunch checks
cmitch checks
Sleepy_Hippo checks
Tiltovic checks
Crazie 1 bets $634, and is all in
cptaincrunch folds
cmitch raises to $1,389, and is all in
Sleepy_Hippo folds
Tiltovic folds
cmitch shows [2c 6c]
Crazie 1 shows [Ts Td]
Uncalled bet of $755 returned to cmitch
*** TURN *** [2d 6s 3c] [7h]
*** RIVER *** [2d 6s 3c 7h] [Qd]
cmitch shows two pair, Sixes and Twos
Crazie 1 shows a pair of Tens
cmitch wins the pot ($1,430) with two pair, Sixes and Twos
Tiltovic: omg
Crazie 1 is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1,433 Rake $3
Board: [2d 6s 3c 7h Qd]
Seat 1: Crazie 1 (button) showed [Ts Td] and lost with a pair of Tens
Seat 2: cptaincrunch (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: cmitch (big blind) showed [2c 6c] and won ($1,430) with two pair, Sixes and Twos
Seat 4: Sleepy_Hippo folded on the Flop
Seat 5: Hava Nagila didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: Tiltovic folded on the Flop

5 responses to "November Goals & Pot Odds"

  1. I'm not sure what the freeroll has to do with your rakeback, but if I were you, I'd consider finding someone I trusted to play the freeroll for me on my account. You can make a 50/50 deal with them, or even have them pay you and let them keep all of their winnings (although the 50/50 is easier).

    In fact, I'd be glad to play it for you, but of course, don't feel obliged. It just seems like too much EV to leave on the table. Even if you give it to someone to donk it up, it's better than just giving it up altogether.

    Jordan

  2. I also qualified for the Iron Man so I'm sorry to see that you won't be there along with me.

    J.. Rakeback is deducted for your attributable portion of the guaranteed prize pool.

    WillWonka

  3. Jordan - I thought/am still considering getting someone to play it for me.

    I am pretty sure that the way FTP handles rakeback is as follows:

    Total Cash Game Rake + Total Rake from SNGS and MTTs - Bonuses - Deposit Fees - purchases from the FPP store or FPP tourneys played (forget the value they assign to each FPP) - Your share of a freeroll - anything else they can think of = Total MGR x rakeback % = rakeback.

    So, basically the freeroll is valued at $84.26 ($30k/356 entries) x rakeback % = approx. $22 less I will receive in rakeback if I calculated it correctly.

    cmitch

  4. Mr. TT is pure genius I tell you, pure genius ...

    Fuel55

  5. damn nice takedown for 2-6s. vnh

    smokkee