Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

....just a few ramblings (low content).

I have been pretty impressed with Negreanu this week - between the WSOP Main Event TV coverage and the PPT TV coverage. He seems to almost always make great reads (except against Toto's JJ). It isn't necessarily that his reads are so much better than some of the other pros, as much as that it is cool to watch him make the reads. He talks through his thought process out loud. He makes some crazy calls but there always seem to be a method to his madness and he tells you what his method is. Maybe I should try to be his next Protege - LOL.

Mansion Steelers Bet
OK. I think I decided to hedge my Mansion Steelers bet in order to guarantee myself $450.

It works like this. I bet $1,100 on the Steelers to win $1,000. If the Steelers cover, I get $1,000 from Mansion. If the Steelers don't cover I get my $1,100 back - no lose situation.

The Hedge - bet $550 on Miami at Bodog. So the scenarios would be as follows:

Miami covers - I win $500 on Bodog and get my money back on Mansion. +$500
Pitt covers - I win $1000 on Mansion and lose my Bodog bet. +450

I figure this way I guarantee myself $450. If you don't hedge the bet, you are essentially betting $400+ on the Steelers to cover against Miami.

$150 MTT on FTP
I haven't played a tourney since last week. (We were at the beach over the weekend) Last night I was getting a little worn out from the cash games and decided to play the $150 MTT on Full Tilt Poker. I was playing pretty good until I got a little crazy late. I went from fourth in chips with 25 players left to busting in 13th place out of 220. I made a move against a guy that I thought would fold 2nd pair - he didn't. My final blow was when I had KJs on the button all-in preflop against the BB's pocket 3s. Another 3 on the flop and it was all over. I netted $168 ($300-$162). MTTs seem like a waste of time unless you make the top 3 (or top 5 at least). That could be the frustration talking. Four hours of play and fizzling out at the end - Uggh.

3 responses to "Nothing to Read Here...Please move along"

  1. hard to get a player to fold two pair. dude, tourneys are a mutha if you don't make the final table but, when you finally do CHA-CHING!

    i might just gamboool on the Steelers w/o the hedge. game time decision. hope i don't donk it.

    smokkee

  2. smokkee - it was actually second pair and not two pair, but oh well what can you do. I have to hedge the bet, because I can't bet against my team (the Dolphins) :)

    cmitch

  3. dolphins looked pretty good last night.

    the Chargers effed up letting Cleo Lemon go. he didn't get much playing time with us except for pre-season. when he came in, he usually found a way to move the ball down the field. i think he'd do well as a starter if someone would give him a chance.

    smokkee