Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I'm running bad, but no where near as bad as Lee (Bill Ivey). He is a great player that completed a challenge of $100k in 100 days. He decided to start another challenge of $200k in 100 days. He is 15 days into the challenge and is down over $40k. Yikes - talk about running bad. It really puts a 3 buy-in downswing week into perspective.

This week didn't go as planned. I had some huge swings both up and down and wound up finishing the week down almost 3 buy-ins at 2/4NL. I took some huge beats this week including set over set when we were both $1,200 deep, one huge pot to a 1 outer where I had a set vs a lower set and he hit quads on the river, and a couple of two outer pots when I flopped a set and the other guy caught up and hit his set on the turn or river. I was playing four tables and I think the swings were amplified. I had one night were I was up 3 buy-ins on the night and finished down 1 buy-in.

I think the running bad lead to me playing poorly at times. This is definitely something that I need to work on.

I don't think I am going to continue the 2/4NL $8,000 in September goal. I am going to take the next few days and just play poker without feeling the need to acheive a weekly/monthly goal. I may even take a couple of days off.

----------
FOOTBALL!!!

Go Gators!!! Woohoo - College Football season has started.

There were some good games this weekend and football is HD is amazing. I found myself watching some games that I normally wouldn't because they were in HD. I can't wait to see the big NFL games in HD.

-----------
Comments

I have been getting more spam comments than usual lately. I think the comment spammers have discovered the poker blogs because I have seen a lot of the same spam on some of the blogs that I regularly read. I am going to manually delete the spam comments and leave the comment posting as-is. Hopefully I won't screw the blog up like I did last time I messed around with deleting comments.

2 responses to "Running Bad"

  1. Yes, those SPAM comments are getting old.

    I couldn't agree with you more on the HD thing. I just bought a new TV as well this year. Simply amazing. I can't wait for the NFL season.

    WillWonka

  2. damn that sux. hope things turn around for ya soon.

    smokkee