Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

After a great night on Monday and not playing any cash games last night, I got a horrible start tonight. I lost 1 buy-in about 5 minutes into the night when I flopped a set and got all my money in on the turn against a flush draw.....flush hits on the river. 10 Minutes later, I turn a set and get all the money in again. This time I am against a open ended straight flush draw. He makes the straight on the river. A few minutes later, on my other table I lose $100 when a guy that bought in for $100 goes all in after I raised. I call with KK against his AQ. Ace hits the board and just like that I start the night down $500+.

I think I did a great job of not tilting - other than calling a short stack ($40) all in raise preflop with AQ against his AK. From that point on, I kept increasing my stack at both of the tables that I was playing. I left down just over $400 on those two tables.

After taking a break, I came back and sat at an empty table. It wasn't long before a guy bought in for $80. Then just about everyone that joined the table bought in for $40 or $80. I left the table up $160.

I opened another empty table and decided to stay once it filled up. I wound up finishing in positive territory when the following hand came up.

POKERSTARS GAME #3683198800: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($1/$2) - 2006/01/18 - 23:23:23 (ET)
Table 'Apus IV' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Balboa1 ($179.60 in chips)
Seat 2: actiononme ($185.15 in chips)
Seat 3: sportingimag ($224 in chips)
Seat 6: splashem ($37 in chips)
actiononme: posts small blind $1
sportingimag: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to sportingimag [9h 9c]
splashem: folds
Balboa1: raises $2 to $4
actiononme: raises $2 to $6
sportingimag: calls $4
Balboa1: raises $2 to $8
actiononme: calls $2
sportingimag: calls $2
*** FLOP *** [9s 7s 4h]
actiononme: checks
sportingimag: checks
Balboa1: bets $2
actiononme: raises $38 to $40
sportingimag: raises $176 to $216 and is all-in
Balboa1: calls $169.60 and is all-in
actiononme: calls $137.15 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [9s 7s 4h] [Kh]
*** RIVER *** [9s 7s 4h Kh] [Qc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
actiononme: shows [9d 7d] (two pair, Nines and Sevens)
sportingimag: shows [9h 9c] (three of a kind, Nines)
sportingimag collected $11.10 from side pot
Balboa1: mucks hand
sportingimag collected $536.80 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $549.90 Main pot $536.80. Side pot $11.10. Rake $2
Board [9s 7s 4h Kh Qc]
Seat 1: Balboa1 (button) mucked [Th Td]
Seat 2: actiononme (small blind) showed [9d 7d] and lost with two pair, Nines and Sevens
Seat 3: sportingimag (big blind) showed [9h 9c] and won ($547.90) with three of a kind, Nines
Seat 6: splashem folded before Flop (didn't bet)

So my night that started down almost $600 turned into a win of just over $100 for the night. Who says NL cash games have a lot of variance?! :-)

cmitch

0 responses to "Just when things start looking bad....Everything clicks"