Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I have to make this a quick post because I've got a busy day ahead of me. I am midway through my first month on my $50k Challenge. (Turn $2,500 into $50k by end of year - click the link or scroll down to read more.)

I am on track to hit the $4,100 by the end of Jan. There have been some big swings both up and down, but that is the nature of NL short handed play. I was up to $3,700 at one point, but now currently stand at $3,415. Listed below are the current stats.

Starting Bankroll - $2,592
NL Short Handed Cash Games - Profit of $866
SNGs and MTTs - Loss of $82
Bonus - Profit of $38
Total Profit (Month to Date) - $822
Current Bankroll - $3,414

Target by End of Jan - $4,100

So, as you can see I am on target to hit $4,100 by the end of the month. I am amazed by some of the horrible calls at $1/$2 NL. At one point, I lost 3 full buy-ins to suckouts in one night. (I'll spare the bad beats).

I'll provide more stats the next time I post an update.

cmitch

4 responses to "$50K Challenge Status"

  1. I'm really enjoying following your progress. I love it when people put goals on paper and then continue to follow up on the progress of them against those goals.

    Good luck the rest of the way.

    WillWonka

  2. Thanks Will. I think it will get a lot tougher when I move up levels as their is not a ton of room for error.

    I enjoy reading your LIMIT short handed updates. I used to play a decent amount of SH Limit but the swings seemed so brutal. Sounds kind of funny considering I am playing SH NL, but I would get frustrated by the calling stations that hit their hand on the river. At least you can bet them off their hands in NL games.

    cmitch

  3. Looking good Mitch!

    From what I saw it looked like you had a good night last night as well.

    Keep up the good work,
    Loopy

    Loopy

  4. cmitch,
    i'd be interested in that spreadsheet if it is not too much trouble.

    you can send it to either my work email (jason.turner@ubs.com) or my home email (jaxon59@yahoo.com).

    thanks man...i appreciate it!
    tripjax

    TripJax