Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

As I said in my last post, the other night I accidentally registered for a satellite and won entry to the $530 FTP Sunday Million Guaranteed Tourney. The tourney started at 6 PM EST.

Today was my son's 2nd Birthday. The party didn't clear out until 7:15 and I wasn't able to log onto FTP until around 7:45 PM. I expected to be blinded down to half of my starting stack or less. To my surprise, I had only lost about 1k of my original 5k chips and almost half of the field of 2,300+ players had been eliminated. I'm better than half the players, even when I'm not playing. :)

I busted out in the low 600s (paid 350, I think) after deciding to gamble with AQs against what I felt was an underpair. The underpair turned out to be JJ. I turned the nut flush draw, but the river was no help. GG me.

I have another crazy busy week at work, so I probably won't be playing much poker. It's strange, when I am working a lot I don't really feel like playing cash games. The work burnout seems to carry over to the cash games - the grind starts to seem to0 much like work. I'll probably slide in a few tourneys here and there this week while watching some TV if I'm not sitting at work until midnight. :(

Good luck at the tables.

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 responses to "Late Arrival - A "No Show" Might have been better"