Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

Simple enough. I want to play in the Main Event of the 2006 World Series of Poker. Now for the hard part - How do I get there? I don't want to deplete my bankroll by playing satellite after satellite.

I am open to suggestions.

I will probably put $x aside to use exclusively for WSOP sats. If I don't win my way in online before the Main Event, I will probably play one of the live $1k Super Sats in Vegas the day before the Main Event.

Every site out there seems to have satellites running. There are so many that my head spins just thinking about it. I need to have a clearly defined plan to follow or I will probably just jump into a satellite if it looks good.

The following look like the best bang for you buck (based on # of seats awarded/player)

1. Full Tilt Poker $1k on Monday nights

pros - one seat for every 12 players; they pay you additional if you make the final table/win the main event; will probably be treated 1st class if win through them.
cons - they only seem to offer $24+$2 satellites during the times that I can play, which usually only award one seat. The $69+$6 sats all seem to be at 11:30 PM; SNGs sats are $150 and could get expensive.

2. UB Bi-Monthly $1k sat on Saturday Nights

pros - high number of seats awarded because sats into the super sat run for a few weeks; awesome structure in super sat (a lot of starting chips and slow levels)
cons - very few sats into super sat; the few that they have usually draw small fields and award 1 seat.

3. Pokerstars $650 weekly Super Sat on Sundays

pros - Pokerstars does everything right. Free Hotel if you win your way in and agree to wear their gear; a ton of sats into the super sat.
cons - one seat awarded/18 players; the super sat is on Sunday afternoon and I have kids so I can't always play then.

4. Pokers $160 Double Shootouts

pros - same as above plus they are available several times a day.
cons - easier said than done; it sounds easy to just win 2 SNGs in a row but it is not that easy - especially when the 2nd SNG is full a winners.

These are just a few of my options. I am really just now trying to figure out a plan and follow it. Let's say I set aside $500 to try and win my way in, what would be the best route?

My intial thinking is put some money on Stars, UB, and FTP, use play money to play satellites to the super sats and see how things go. I will probably put X$ into each one and schedule my satellite play around specific times.

cmitch

0 responses to "I want to play in the WSOP!!"