Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I decided to take a few days off from cash games and played a few tourneys this week for a change of pace. I focused on playing very tight aggressive (TAG), my old style, and it seemed to work very well. I cashed in the three tourneys that I played.

I think this is just what I needed to get me out of my slump of the past week. See results below:

$50+$5 90 person tourney on pokerstars - 6th place $292.50

$30+$3 6 players/table on pokerstars - 305 entries - 18th place $128 (top 3 for most of tourney and ran into some trouble late or I could have finished higher.)

$100+$9 $20k Guaranteed on UB - 206 entries - 5th place $1339 (UB has a great structure. The tourney started at 8 PM and I busted out at 1 AM - pretty long online tourney for 200 entries)

It feels good to do well in a few tourneys. I have been focusing so much on cash games that my tourney play was suffering. I am amazed by how many differences there are between tourneys and cash games.

Good luck at the tables this weekend.

cmitch

0 responses to "3 for 3 in Tourneys"