Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

OK - no post today about the new poker bill.

I sometimes wonder why I even play tourneys. They can be profitable if you make the top 3 - otherwise sometimes I feel like I am just treading water. I bubbled the final table (10th place in the$150 MTT on Full Tilt) last night after my KK lost to AJs all in preflop when I made a set on the flop and my opponent made his flush. I am seriously thinking of just playing mostly cash games for a while - a lot more profits there.

Results since Sunday

Sunday - Party Poker Sunday Million (1,552 out of 5,060) lost KK vs. AK = -$215
Sunday - Titan Poker $215 $100k Guar (finished in middle of pack) = -$215
Sunday - Full Tilt Poker $215 $250k Guar (102 out of 1,279 for $396) = +$181
Monday - Didn't play any MTTs
Tuesday - Didn't play any MTTs
Wednesday - Full Tilt Poker $163 $22k Guar (10 out of 240 for $450) = +$287

Total Sun-Wed = +$38

So you can see why I am a little frustrated with tourneys as of late. The cash games are going well, but I feel like I am wasting time playing the tourneys. I'm sure my opinion would be different if things had gone my way a couple of times late.

4 responses to "It stings to get close"

  1. they can sure be frustrating; but as you have proven, the are nice when they hit.

    BTW, I did send you an email yesterday on your RTR question. Let me know if you did not get it.

    WillWonka

  2. ya, i've been getting donkeypunched in MTT's a lot lately. so i've been dinking around at cash games for a change of pace. i'm mostly a hit and run player tho. as soon as i win a big pot, i'm gone.

    smokkee

  3. I've not been running too well at the cash tables and was thinking of playing more mtts/sngs....!

    Any change of pace can be good though when times are tough.
    Good luck.

    Littleacornman

  4. I've not been running too well at the cash tables and was thinking of playing more mtts/sngs....!

    Any change of pace can be good though when times are tough.
    Good luck.

    Littleacornman