Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I had been pretty active at this table and had been 3 betting the button player a ton. He was starting to flat call a lot and usually folded to c-bets. I 3-bet his button raise from the SB with QQ. What do you do on the turn?


$1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter


Hero (SB): $255.95
BB: $370.65
UTG: $286
CO: $81
BTN: $214.35

Pre-Flop: Q Q dealt to Hero (SB) (suites spade and diamond)
2 folds
BTN raises to $7
Hero raises to $24
BB folds
BTN calls $17

Flop: ($50) T K 8 (2 Players) (TcKc8h)
Hero bets $32
BTN calls $32 - not a good sign, but there are 2 clubs

Turn: ($114) J (2 Players) (Js)
Hero ???? - Very draw heavy board with 1 over

What do you do? (This is another example of why playing oop sucks.)

8 responses to "What would you do?"

  1. I can't see the suit of the turn card, but if not a club, I probably commit myself to the pot by firing a pot sized turn bet.

    Since you have been liberally 3 betting him, I think a set is unlikely unless they are 8's...and in that situation I would have expected a re-raise. I would also expect a re-raise with AK, KK and TT pre-flop. I suppose he could have called PF with something like KQ, or QJs.

    But in any case, I bet and call a shove.

    steeser

  2. I think you need to fire another bullet here. Maybe something like $75. So many times when people are getting played back at a bunch, they will float the flop cbet to see what you do on the turn and pounce on any weakness.

    WillWonka

  3. I must be THAT GUY that gets pounced on... I think I check call the turn here and re-evaluate on the river... but I am the same guy that folded AJ on the river in a blind v blind situation when the river came another J (the board was like J-x-x-x-J (the x being three random cards but all spades).

    Alan aka RecessRampage

  4. Checking seams pretty weak, as he'll bet 95% of the time I think. But it is hard for me to come up with many hands that you are ahead of. AT? QJ? J9?

    If you bet around $90, you give yourself odds to call a push to hit your 8 outs (assuming he already has you beat)

    Name of villain? As I play 200NL also and may have a special read on him

    PokerFool

  5. "Name of villain? As I play 200NL also and may have a special read on him"

    Azimut

    cmitch

  6. Although the pre-flop pot-size was big enough to justify getting it all in with your queens, the K on the flop is a little troublesome.

    I think you're ahead more often than not on the turn and you have redraws if you happen to get your money in bad.

    You're committed to this pot if you call another big bet (in the case of a check-call). You're either folding or getting it all-in so I'd probably just bet $60-$70 and get ready to call his push. If he flat calls, either jam for value on the river or check-call depending on your read of the Villain's typical river play.

    I think you're likely ahead given the flop play - most Villains would raise a Kx hand on the coordinated flop, wouldn't they?

    I agree with PokerFool - you're probably looking at AJ, AT, KQ, QJ, or J9 or AcXc (where X <> K, T, or 8). I think Villain re-pops you with KK, TT, JJ, or 88 pre-flop given your history of 3-betting him.

    But keep in mind that I was more or less pwned by the $200 NLHE players at Stars in March.

    Klopzi

  7. Intesting situation but sucks at 1/2 b/c the stack are so small. If this were 2/5 or up u would easily fire a second bullet and see what he did but doing that in this case would pretty much pot committ you and him if he called. By betting your putting a very marginal hand in a BIG POT not a great idea in my book.

    For 1/2 I would check and hope that he checked behind since u said he was a loose passive player/check caller instead of raiser. If he hesiates then bets I would prob push over him thinking I was ahead however a normal bet from him 70-100$ and I think its an easy fold considering he prob has the king and won't fold if u represent the flush on the river.

    Pseudo_Doctor

  8. +$3,624 profit last week!

    Get 5 Star verified winning bets on NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL + Anti-Vegas Smart Money Signals...

    Blogger