Poker Ramblings of cmitch

Contact Info:

cmitchpoker@gmail.com

I booked my room at the Rio yesterday from 6/9-6/15. It think that I got a pretty good deal - $200. Nope, not $200/night. It is costing me $200 total for 6 nights thanks to a 3 free night promo, a comped 4th night, and $100/night for Friday and Saturday. I couldn't believe it when I logged into my Total Rewards account online. I thought something was wrong, because when I looked at Rio rooms (without signing into my Total Rewards account) a few weeks ago they were running $159/night for weeknights and $209/night for weekends. I almost called the reservations number, but decided to not screw anything up and just booked it online. I guess playing roulette and blackjack for a few hours last summer paid off.

I'm looking forward to meeting some bloggers while I'm out there. I couldn't make it during the official blogger gathering (the weekend before I get there), but based on Hoy's post yesterday and the comments it looks like a lot of bloggers will be out there the same time as me. Hopefully someone will put together a list. If you are going to be out there during that time and want to meet up for a few beers send me an email or leave a comment.

I haven't decided which events I will play, but have probably narrowed it down between 2 events (see below). I do plan to play a ton of cash games though. Live games are so soft.

WSOP events that I might play

June 11, noon - Event 21, No-Limit Hold'em $5,000 - Not sure if I can pull the trigger on playing this one unless I win a STT satellite or someone wants to back me for 50%.

June 12, noon - Event 23, No-Limit Hold'em $2,000 - Leaning towards this one.

I guess I'll figure out which one I'm going to play once I get out there. Having LV right around the corner should motivate me to put in a lot of cash game hands this month. I'm really liking the new FTP deep stack tables (more on that in a future posts).

Let the countdown begin - 1 month and 2 day!!! Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!

5 responses to "Vegas Plans"

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    Unknown

  2. See you there!

    BWoP

  3. wait. I was sitting at that BJ table for awhile.........Why am I paying so much :)

    playing the 2k for sure!

    beat the rio 11-15th.

    this time we won;t be pokering to beat down the loss of "set over set".

    Rubbarose

  4. Look forward to running in to you in Vegas. By the sounds of things I'm hearing from everyone so far, hit the Geisha bar on Thursday night and it'll probably happen.

    BamBam

  5. Mitch I am definitely playing the WSOP 2k nlh on June 12, love to meet up with you there. As the time gets closer we can exchange cell #s and meet up at the Rio.

    Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo